Dr. Patel and our caring team love to give back to Langhorne and our neighboring cities in and around Pennsylvania.
Dental Veneers in Langhorne PA
When you have a meeting with your friends later tonight and one of them is definitely going to take pictures and end up on the internet for everyone to see. If you don't like your smile or your having a chipped, cracked and gaps in between your teeth, you have some work to do. Dental veneers could be the ideal solution for you.
Dental veneers are wafer-thin shells that are custom designed to fit over your front part of teeth, providing a naturally attractive look. The most commonly used material for dental veneers is porcelain as it appears the same as tooth enamel reflecting light and gives a more natural appearance. It's also used to improve the appearance of teeth, correcting issues like discoloration, fractures, and chips and can also change the length, shape, or size of teeth.
Types of Porcelain Veneers:
There are two main types of veneers
- Composite Veneers: These composite veneers are manufactured by our dentist and applied directly to the teeth. It requires a single appointment for this procedure which brings back your smile and hides any imperfections.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain Veneers serve same as composite veneers. They are made in the laboratory by measuring the tooth surface of patients. It requires two appointments:
- To take the teeth impression and prepare the veneer in the lab.
- To place the veneers onto the teeth.
Before starting Dental Veneers in Langhorne our dentist Dr. Patel will examine your teeth and discuss what type of procedure will involve. To prepare a veneer for your tooth an impression of your mouth and teeth are taken. This impression is sent to the dental laboratory to construct your veneers.
Before starting the procedure our dentist will use a local anesthetic to numb the area. Your teeth will be cleaned and polished which will roughen the teeth surface for a strong bonding process. Special cement will be applied to the veneers and then placed on your teeth. Once all the veneers are placed properly, our Dentist in Langhorne will apply a special light beam on the veneers which will activate the chemical present in the cement.
Just like other dental treatments, Dental Veneers also requires a follow-up visit to examine your veneer's placement and to check how your gums are responding to the placement of the veneers.
Advantages of Dental Veneers:
- Increase confidence in smiling and laughing.
- It provides a natural tooth appearance.
- Stain resistant.
- The colors can be selected.
- The gum tissue tolerates porcelain well.
Aftercare for Veneers:
As suggested by AACD regular brushing and flossing is required with non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste. Limit your coffee intake and other stain-including foods. Visit our dentist once a month for a thorough examination and placement of veneers. Take care of your oral hygiene as good oral hygiene will help them last as long as possible.
If you're deciding on veneers, contact us at (215) 970-2515 for an appointment. As a beautiful smile feels great and can increase both your confidence and well being.